Reset activation windows 7
In this article I want to talk with you about how to reset the activation in the operating system Windows 7 and extend the period of its operation.
Due to the peculiarities of its distribution in the post-Soviet space, most users of personal computers have only a trial version of this operating system offering a 30-day trial period. However, not everyone is ready to reinstall Windows once a month, so you have to resort to some tricks.
For example, using the command line, you can enter "slmgr.vbs / rearm" and extend the use of the unactivated version for another 30 days. When using this command, remember that it will not be used more than three times.
After 120 "test" days, the Windows shell will be disabled, and when the system boots, you will see a window with a suggestion to activate this copy of the operating system. In this case, you will only have a few options available:
- Windows activation on the network;
- Access with limited capabilities - for online purchase of a license key;
- Re-enter the product key.
With these limited capabilities, you can reset the activation counter, which requires:
1) select the option "Access with disabilities", and then Internet Explorer opens, in which you need to select "work offline" in the menu;
2) in the address bar of the browser, enter "C: /Windows/System32/cmd.exe" without quotes and press Enter (in case of installing Windows on a partition other than "C", you need to correct the letter of the section in the address letter);
3) in the appeared window it is necessary to press the button "Launch" and affirmatively answer the next question of the security system;
4) your eyes will be presented with a command line, in which you will need to enter the already familiar command "slmgr.vbs / rearm" without quotes and end the input by pressing the Enter key.
After these manipulations, the system will notify you of the success of your actions with a message with a proposal to restart the computer for the changes to take effect. We will not contradict and agree with this proposal - we will close all open windows and execute the required reboot operation.
If you are not satisfied with such manipulations, then before the end of the test period you need to download the program for automatic activation of Windows 7, which can be easily found on the Internet. Most likely after launching such a program, all that will be required of you is to press one single key and wait for the program to perform all the required manipulations yourself.
For those wishing to understand the activation of Windows 7, it will be useful to know in detail that all settings for the SPP activation mechanism are stored in the registry in the following ways:
1) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ SoftwareProtectionPlatform]:
- dword parameter VLActivationInterval defines the total life of Windows 7 without activation and defaults to 120 days;
- dword parameter SkipRearm allows or disables the use of the command "slmgr.vbs / rearm" to extend the test period of Windows 7;
2) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ SoftwareProtectionPlatform \ Activation]:
- dword-parameter ActivationInterval contains the interval of displaying a reminder about the need to activate Windows;
- dword-parameter NotificationDisabled is responsible for displaying notifications about the need to activate the system in the notification area of the taskbar (if this parameter is set to 1, the notifications will no longer distract you).